To lose weight, you have to change certain habits, maintain a healthy, nutritious diet and be consistent with an exercise routine. However, experts in the field say that 70% of success is determined by carefully watching the food you eat. Although it may be difficult to change our eating habits, there are foods that can help make this process easier and more successful.
Vegetables provide energy, nutrition and vitamins to the body, which is why they are indispensable to include in all kinds of food. However when the goal is losing weight, there are some vegetables that can help facilitate and accelerate the process. Want to know what they are? In this OneHowTo article we invite you to read and learn what the best vegetables for weight loss are.
Among the best vegetables to lose weight is the onion.
Besides being very healthy and low in calories, this vegetable allows the body to purge liquid, avoid retention of it and promote the release of toxins
accumulated in the body. Onions also help control blood sugar levels and are highly recommended to fight constipation.
2. The aubergine is one of the best vegetables to lose weight. Why is the aubergine so good for this? Because of its high water content, which allows the body to detoxify and accelerates the fat burning process. Moreover, aubergines have a low glyceride index and few calories. You can eat them in a pickle or just roast them in the oven to accompany any meal.
3. The cucumber is also on the list of the best vegetables to lose weight. Cucumbers have many benefits and in addition to being refreshing, they help stop the body from getting dehydrated during the summer due to their high water content. Like onions and aubergines, they stimulate the release of fluids and toxins in the body, but also provide a feeling of fullness in the stomach, controlling anxiety and helping you stay away from eating more for hours. Eat cucumbers in salads or prepare a delicious cucumber juice.
4. You cannot leave broccoli out of the vegetables to lose weight. Its high fibre content allows it to absorb the body’s fat, detoxify and improve liver function. It is highly recommended that people suffering from a fatty liver consume broccoli to clean the body and decrease the fat. Broccoli fibre also helps fight constipation. However, if you are prone to stomach upset or gas, it is better that you avoid consumption.
5. Eat courgette to lose weight. This vegetable is low in calories, high in water content and best of all courgette has the ability to take on the flavour of herbs and spices when you cook it. Courgettes also causes a feeling of fullness and it are also rich in fibre like broccoli. To get all the vitamins and nutrients that courgettes can give the body, you’ll need to cook it and steam it with its skin on.
6. There are many benefits of garlic, and one of them is its ability to remove fat deposits in the body, allowing them to be expelled through urine or faeces. Ideally eat a daily teaspoon of raw garlic or spread it on a slice of bread. If you cannot stand the taste, then try to spice up your meals with garlic, you will see that it gives an excellent taste to your healthy meals.
7. Negative-calorie vegetables are some of the best vegetables to lose weight. These vegetables are popular because their caloric intake is so low that it is considered non-existent. Fortunately, there are many negative calorie vegetables, including celery, cabbage, green beans, radish, cauliflower and tomatoes. Be sure to include them in your diet. In this article you can find out more negative-calorie foods.
This article is merely informative, OneHowTo does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.