This Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe is a delicious 30 minutes meal that cooks in a buttery lemon garlic scamp sauce and breaded with a parmesan bread crumb topping. A restaurant quality meal right at home!
So here is a little known fact about me. I do not like shrimp. Like at all. But I really have never given it a chance. I used to hate salmon and now it is my favorite thing to order. My hubby on the other hand loves shrimp. He is always asking me to make shrimp for dinner. So I usually compromise and make shrimp a couple of times a month.
Shrimp scampi is such a classic and delicious meal so I decided to give it a go. I don’t like shrimp and let me tell you. I LOVED this meal!
This meal starts out with so many of my favorite flavors. You first cook the shrimp in a butter lemon garlic sauce. Is there even a better flavor combination that that? I love shrimp because it seriously only takes minutes to cook. You then top it with a parmesan herb bread crumb topping and broil the shrimp for a couple of minutes to get nice and crispy.
The best part is adding the pasta to the shrimp and it gets coated in the buttery lemon garlic sauce. It is to die for.
Basically. If you don’t like shrimp you have got to give this recipe a try! I couldn’t even believe how much I loved this meal! All of the flavors are incredible and the crispy parmesan bread crumb coating on the shrimp is unbelievable good! You guys are going to love this meal and you can create a restaurant quality meal right at home!
How To Make Shrimp Scampi
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 8 oz linguine pasta, cooked (or pasta of choice)
- In a 10 inch skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil for 1-2 minutes. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, and pepper. Cook and stir until the shrimp turn pink.
- Combine pepper, oregano, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and parsley in a small bowl. Sprinkle on top of the shrimp and broil for 2-3 minutes until it starts to brown. Serve with hot pasta.