I was making this recipe two times a week for months before I wrote this post. I came up with it one day based on what I had lying around in the kitchen and immediately fell in love. It was my absolute favorite lunch. You aren’t supposed to eat tuna more than twice a week otherwise I probably would have eaten it every day. Not only is it easy to make, it’s also healthy. But wait a second, why was I not sharing the lunch I was eating two times a week? Is it too simple? I mean, I can’t lie, it’s incredibly simple, but guys, it’s magical. This is just such a tasty lunch! You need this in your life. I have links to more of my favorite tuna stuffed avocados that you can check out below, but this one is the original love of my lunch.
This is straight up healthy. You mix in a bit of the avocado itself to add that creamy factor you need. This is an easy, tasty lunch, snack, or even dinner. I ate two, but you could totally get away with eating one for a light lunch or snack.
I love sharing restaurant quality meals you can easily make at home. Since sharing this recipe, I have found out it has been put on a few menus around the United States. What the what? Well, really, I can’t be surprised. I’d totally order it! After you make it, be sure to come back and let me know what you think.
Pro Tip: I prefer to buy solid albacore tuna packed in olive oil, rather than the majority that are packed in water. Seriously, it makes all the difference in my opinion.
Don’t forget to check out my new e-cookbook with my top 15 healthy recipes in it. I picked all the good ones, including this one, to give you a great resource for your kitchen. I’ve only included the very best! Chipotle twice baked sweet potatoes, superfood protein bars, several easy and amazing breakfasts, fabulously easy low-cal dinner options, and more!
Watch the video to see just how I make this recipe including all my great tips and tricks for it. I have a whole YouTube Channel with hundreds of cooking show-style recipes for your enjoyment. Join me over there and hit the subscribe button!
HEALTHY TUNA STUFFED AVOCADO
Prep time 10 mins
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 (4.5 oz) cans tuna, drained
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoons minced jalapeno
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Scoop out some of the avocado from the pitted area to widen the “bowl” area. Place the scooped avocado into a medium-size mixing bowl. Mash it with a fork.
- Add the tuna, bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro to the mixing bowl. Pour lime juice over. Stir it all together until everything is well mixed.
- Scoop the tuna into the avocado bowls. Season with salt and pepper.